Thursday, September 03, 2015

Man Saves His Family & His Ribs From Fire

When the apartment next to his burst into flames, this man acted fast to save his kids, and then his ribs.

According to KMPH, when a fire broke out 3 a.m. Tuesday, a mother and her 6-year-old son escaped through the back window. They were taken to the hospital after breathing in smoke.

Robert Wright, a neighbor, recounted the moment he rescued his family and then rescued what he was cooking.

Wright explained he got hungry late at night and decided to make ribs and hot links: “I take pride in what I do, man. It’s like 3 o’clock in the morning. I was hungry man. I was like, ‘Put them ribs on there, man.’ Some hot links and stuff, man, we got it going and stuff.”

“First thing I got my kids, then I thought about my ribs, like I don’t want to let my ribs burn,” Wright told KMPH.

When asked if he suffered any injuries, Wright seemed to be light-hearted about inhaling smoke.

“I don’t have any injuries – except for the smoke in my lungs, but I already got smoke in my lungs, so I’m alright,” Wright said.

The video uploaded to YouTube by KMPH has since amassed nearly half a million views as of Thursday.

No comments: